Many people on Long Island are thinking of ways to stretch their gasoline dollars as warm weather and the summer season arrives. With gas prices on Long Island remaining over $3.00 a gallon, gasoline has become a cause for concern in the family budget. Scoll down this page below the business listings to read out some basic tips on reducing your gas expenses.
Gas prices for every grade of gas, for all types of cars, and gas saving tips:
1. When you are waiting for the light to change, keep your foot off the accelerator. Also, when the light turns green, avoid making jack rabbit starts.
2. When driving, donâ€™t gun your engine. Slow, even acceleration is best. Donâ€™t be fuelish!
3. You may already be carpooling to work. Think about carpooling with neighbors or friends to do local errands. Or even better- walk! And for really short hops, have you considered investing in a pogo stick? (No, we are not serious.)
4. Buy cheaper. Check out the cheapest gas in your area. Keep your head, though. Thereâ€™s no point in driving more than 10 miles to buy cheaper gas unless you have errands or appointments in that area as well. Click the link to find your cheapest local gas prices
5. If you are thinking about joining a Ride Share program, or even meeting up with friends and creating your own, here is a list of the Ride Share parking lots on Long Island